So we all know what the classic pin-up girl looks like…
Red lip, flawless complexion and winged eyeliner!
The main tips I have for re-creating this look are:
- Your complexion needs to be flawless – in order to obtain this, make sure you reach for a full coverage foundation and concealer. Follow my contouring instructions on a recent blogpost to ensure that you enhance your features and avoid using shimmer in your bronzer. The pin-up look is all about porcelain, flawless skin and shimmer will throw the look off track.
- Don’t let the winged eyeliner put you off! – Winged eyeliner is tricky. You have to first get the wing right and then try to perfect it again on the other eye. Don’t panic if it is not perfect; you will see in the video that mine is a little off on my right eye. Nobody will notice when the look is fully complete!
- Go natural with the eyeshadow – all you need to complete this look is a cream and a matte brown shadow. The winged eyeliner and the lashes are very dramatic, so you only need to use the eyeshadow to define your lids and enhance your crease.
I hope you enjoy!
- The brown and cream eyeshadow used were from an old no7 palette – But any make will do as long as they are both matte!
- Benefit ‘they’re real!’ push up eyeliner – Buy it here
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Macara – Buy it here
- Lashes used – Primark
- Benefits Boi-ing Concealer – Buy it here
- Seventeen Stay Time Foundation – Buy it here
- MAC Matchmaster concealer for the countour (use a shade much darker than your skin) – Buy it here
- Benefit Stay Dont Stray Primer/concealer for the liquid highlight – Buy it here
- W7 Banana Dreams Powder (bought at a local market store)
- Cargo Cosmetics Bronzer – Buy it here
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish (Soft and gentle) – Buy it here
- MAC Lip Pencil (Kiss me Quick)
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick (Red Laquer) – Buy it here
I hope you enjoy!