For the past month or so, I have been making a conscious effort to sit down and meal plan at the beginning of the week. It has helped so much to keep a cap on my spending and also to make sure that nothing is wasted at the end of the week (a bad habit that I used to allow to happen all the time!)
As well as my meal plan and recipes, I wanted to show you what would also be on my shopping list each week. Additional items consist of:
- Trek Bars (Vegan Protein bars – they are amazing and feel like you’re eating something naughty!)
- Fruit – bananas, oranges, apples etc.
- Semi-skimmed milk (for my husband), unsweetened almond milk (for me)
- The essentials: Bread, eggs etc.
My bill this week came to £71.00. This has been one of the highest since I started meal planning, but because I worked my meal plan around using up what I had last week, I am literally starting again from scratch this week ( so next week should be a bit cheaper as I will be using up things again!) My bill will always be a bit higher aswell, as I don’t eat meat (only fish), and my husband does. This means that a lot of the time I am making two slightly different meals each evening.
So here is my meal plan for this week!:
I know we are out a lot this weekend, and this is the benefit of meal planning.. it means you can prepare for these nights and not ‘over buy’. Monday’s evening meal is a ‘two can dine’ for £10.00 offer which we picked up from Marks and Spencers, so that’s why there is no meal there!
Recipes featured this week:
- Spicy Avocado wraps: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/spicy-quorn-avocado-wraps
- Smoked Salmon and Avocado Sushi: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1813661/smoked-salmon-and-avocado-sushi
- Indian Chickpea and Vegetable Soup: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1813661/smoked-salmon-and-avocado-sushi
- Healthy fish and chips with tartare sauce: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1500/healthy-fish-and-chips-with-tartare-sauce
- Slow cooker Indian butternut squash and red lentil curry : http://noshon.it/recipes/slow-cooker-indian-butternut-squash-red-lentil-curry/
- Fillet steak and guiness pie with mash: http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/540821/slimming-worlds-steak-and-guinness-pies-with-sprout-mash
I hope this helped inspire you this week!
Thanks for reading!