I can’t believe we are at the end of February already! I am in need of some sun and have never been so excited to say goodbye to winter and hello to spring! With spring comes wedding season, so I wanted to celebrate this in a post!
So many people ask me about bridal make-up. It is all about keeping it natural, pretty and flushed. I would suggest a look which is low maintenance, so you’re not spending the big day topping up your make-up in the ladies! I wore red lipstick on my wedding day, and as much as I loved it, it was a little tiring as I continuously had to check it was still in place!
So here is my staple, go-to natural look for weddings:
This can be used on anybody in the bridal party. The key is to use long lasting products, and keep everything subtle. I opted for a more gentle highlighter andstayed away from contouring. Instead of contouring, I used strobing. If you haven’t heard of this technique before, it is basically a posh word for highlighting. You highlight the areas that you normally would when you contour and highlight, but you don’t use any contouring techniques atall , and instead use your natural skin tone as a natural contour. This type of technique is perfect for weddings, as it creates a dewy, natural finish. It also looks great in photos.
- Nivea’s Post Shalve Balm
- Revlon Photo Ready Skin Lights Face Illuminator
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (blended with a stipling brush)
- New Look’s Pure Colour Foundation and contour stick – 01 light
- Highlighter blended in with Real Technique’s Miracle Sponge
- MAC’s Cream Blush (no idea of the shade…sorry!)
- MAC’s cream colour base – Pearl
- Rimmel’s Match Perfection Silky Loose Face Powder – Translucent
- MAC’s Mineralise Skin Finish – Medium Tan
- Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette
- MAC’s Mineralise Blush – Petal Power
- Stila’s Set & Illuminate Trio
- MAC’s Fix Plus Setting Spray
- Soap and Glory Arch De Triumph Brow Shaper
- Maybelline’s Colour 24HR Tattoo – Creme De Rose
- MAC’s Loose Pigment – Naked
- MAC’s Eyeshadow Palette
- MAC’s Eyeshadow – Woodwinked
- MAC’s Lip Liner – Soar
- New Look’s Pure Colour Lipstick – Sweet Rose
- Makeup Gallery’s Liquid Liner
& that’s it!
I hope this was helpful!