SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO! ❤
I am back! Sorry guys, I have been a bit useless with the posts recently!
But I am back with a classic smokey eye! Although I would class this as smokey, I have not created it too dark as this doesn’t tend to suit my pale skin and blonde hair! Instead, I like to keep it quite light on the inner corner of my eye and just darken it on the outer. This, as well as some thick lashes can often make it look smokey enough for me!
I used the airbase method of foundation, contour and highlight application in this video. I am professionally trained in this and offer it as a service (if you live local!) If not, there are plenty of MUA’s who offer this, so definitely shop around! It is waterproof, sweat proof and can hide any imperfections. You can make it as heavy or as light as you want, and it is pretty popular for occasions where make-up is going to need to stand the test of time, such as weddings etc. The formula which is put into the airgun can be purchased by anybody and applied as you would with a normal foundation also. All the colours, products etc. can be bought here.
Products and method
So here are the products I used (in the order I used them) and a bit about the method I used to!
- Blended crease: No7 Shade (unsure of the name, very old palette) – any pale, matte lavender will do the trick!
- Tapered crease: I used a darker shade from the same palette above to deepen my crease. Again, I am unsure of the colour, but any darker purple will be fine!
- Brow bone and tear duct: The highlight shade from Kiko Cosmetics Hi Brow Expert Palette (very similar to MAC’s Nylon but more subtle)
- Bases: Inner corner (Benefit’s High Beam), outer corner (Maybelline’s 24 HR Tattoo Eye Base, Immortal Charcoal)
- Bourjois’ Smokey Eyes Palette (01 Gris Dandy) – Lightest shade for the inner corner, middle shade for the outer corner, and darkest shade in the outer crease and bottom of my eye
- Waterline: Lancome’s Kohl Eyeliner in Noir
- Liquid Liner: Make-up Gallery’s liquid liner
- I also applied some thick lashes to set the look off! I believe they were Eylure’s, but unsure of the exact ones!
- Foundation, contour and highlight: Airbase (as explained above)
- Blush: MAC’s Mineralize Blush, Petal Power
- Lip Liner: Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Pencil, Pleasure
- Lip Gloss: Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss, Ruby
So that’s it! I hope this was helpful!