This post is all about the recipes I cooked this week!
Our weekly meals always tend to be pretty healthy, and I am always looking for inspiration and ideas for new things to cook. This week my main inspiration was Cookie & Kate’s recipes. Although I didn’t eat gluten free all week, It was just nice to play around with new ingredients.
Now before we get going, I have to point out that if you do want to follow my methods, then you may need to purchase some gadgets! All of these can be made without the gadgets I talk about…it is just using them makes my life a LOT easier!
Morphy Richard’s Soup Maker
Tefal Acti Fry
Morphy Richards Slow Cooker
SCRAMBLED EGG WHITES & TOMATO
This is a breakfast that I have regularly, just because it is so easy and so healthy! There is no need to write down the method…because it is so simple! It is literally scrambled egg whites, mixed with diced raw tomato and a small amount of soy sauce.
SCRAMBLED EGG WHITES, SMOKED SALMON AND WILD ROCKET
Again, this doesn’t warrant an ingredients or method list as it is so simple! However, this is one of my most common breakfast meals…and so delicious!
TOMATO AND GARLIC SOUP
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- vegetable stock
- 1 carrot (peeled and diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup of water
- pinch of salt
- Coriander for garnish
METHOD: I used my Morphy Richard’s soup maker to create this soup. It is the best kitchen gadget I own! You can literally throw all the ingredients in chopped and within 20 minutes you have the most beautiful soup. I then garnished with the coriander to finish it off!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- 1 Butternut squash (peeled and diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 5 gloves of garlic (peeled and diced)
- Vegetable Stock
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Cup of Peeled and diced shallots
METHOD: Again, this just went straight into my soup maker! This was the most tasty soup I have ever made and I will definitely be making it again!
THAI GREEN CURRY
This tasted a lot better than it looks! It was extremely spicy (both me and my husband love spicy food) and very tasty. I roughly followed Cookie & Kate’s recipe (linked above), but added a few different ingredients to make it my own! So here it goes:
- 1 Cup Basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons oil ( I used the 1 cal Spray Oil)
- 2 white onions (peeled and diced)
- 1 tablespoons chopped ginger (peeled and diced)
- chopped garlic (as much as you wish! I love garlic, so used quite a lot!)
- Vegetable Stock
- 2 Carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 Can low fat coconut Milk
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 cup of green beans
- Chilli powder
Again, this is another one that I took from Cookie & Kate’s website…& it was beautiful! I did change up a few things to suit what I had in my kitchen & also to my particular taste, but it was still amazing.
INGREDIENTS & METHOD
- Kale – With the kale, after washing & cutting it, it ‘massaged’ in some salt to bring out the flavour…and that was it! It went straight into the salad bowl
- Sweet Potatoes – I peeled and diced the sweet potatoes and then popped them into my Acti-Fry (another kitchen gadget!) to cook along with ground cumin, salt and paprika. They then went into the salad bowl.
- Quinoa -After rinsing the quinoa, I added one cup of the quinoa and two cups of water to boil along with vegetable stock. I let it simmer for about 15 minutes, before the quinoa was ‘fluffy’ and drained off any excess water left. Once cool, I also added this to the salad bowl.
- To finish off, I drained some black beans and peeled an avocado. I added these to the salad bowl and then broke up feta over the top to finish!
- Spices: Ground cumin, garam masala, chilli powder, tumeric, cayenne pepper and salt (as much as you desire for your taste!)
- 4 Cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans of chickpeas (drained)
- 1 cup of white basmati rice
- fresh coriander (for garnish only)
Again, I just popped everything into the slow cooker and left it to do it’s work! I was inspired by Cookie & Kate’s recipe, so click here if you haven’t got a slow cooker!
SWEET POTATO & BLACK BEAN BURGERS
Instead of taking inspiration from Cookie & Kate’s website for this recipe, I literally copied it straight word for word! So if you want to make it, click here for the ingredients and method!
So they are the main meals (or the meals I remembers to photograph!) this week.
Thanks for reading!